Latest Updates on Libya, 7 December 2020
– GNA and Italy signed an agreement regarding military affairs in Rome. It includes forming joint committee for military collaboration, security of borders, mine cleaning and illegal immigration.
– LNA forces are sieged in Ali Kane base, suburbs of Obari town, by GNA forces.
– Muhammad Ali Haddad, GNA chief of staff, meeting with ambassador and military attaché of UK in Libya. They talked over military, logistics, education and security issues.
– Local sources reporting that LNA called for military immobilization in Sirte and Jufra.
Following LNA activities, GNA DM asked UN and peace keeping countries in Libya to stop LNA.
– Pentagon: UAE is providing financial and logistics to Russian (Wagner) forces.