Latest Updates on Iraq, 3 December 2020
– US evacuates half of its diplomats from Iraq.
Some believe it is due to the tensions between USA and Iran in the last days of Trump administration.
– Mustafa Al Kadhimi in the cabinet meeting: We announced the election to be held on 6 June and insist to hold it successfully.
– ISIS important suicide terrorist Abu Jihad was arrested in Mosul.
Iraqi intelligence: He was active in terrorist groups Abu Ubayda Jarrah.
– Six terrorists killed in Makhmour.
– Iraqi joint operation command reported that pro-PKK militia will leave Sinjar town.
– Iraqi president, Barham Salih, in meeting with Iraj Masjedi, Iranian ambassador, condemning assassination of martyr Fakhrizadeh, said Iraq rejects any violence and stays far from any conflict.
– Protests in Soleimaniyah city by unpaid teachers and employees.
Security forces tried to disperse people by teargas which resulted in injury of several protesters and one of local parliament members.
– After refugees returned from Kirkuk province and by closure of Leylan al-Awwal camp, all of the camps in the province are closed.
– Nechirvan and Masrur Barzani meeting with Russian ambassador.
– UK minister for the armed forces met with Nechirvan and Masoud Barzani
– 11 ISIS terrorists killed by Iraqi security forces in Makhul mountain.
– Several troops martyred and wounded in Iraqi army and ISIS battle in Taramiyah area, north of Baghdad.