Latest Updates on Iraq, 17 December 2020
ISWNews Analysis Group: An American terrorist logistics caravan was hit near Baghdad. Qasem al-Jabbarin group took responsibility of the attack.
– News sources reported of arrest of Hamid Al-Jazairi and Ali Al-Yasri, commanders of Saraya al-Khorasani. Hashad Sha’abi closed 10 locations of Saraya al-Khorasani and arrested several of the members.
– Turkish air raids continue in north of Iraq, three civilians killed in Dohuk province.
– Haider al-Abadi: American planes had Iraq’s permission to attack Qasem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Mohandis near Baghdad airport.
– Counter terrorism forces operation in northwest of Iraq; 42 ISIS terrorists killed in south of Mosul.
– Qasem al-Jabbarin group: US conveyed 32 rocket launchers from Ali al-Salim base in Kuwait to Ain al-Assad in Iraq with a cargo airplane.
– Saberin network released a footage of the moment the plane carrying Qasem Soleimani arrived to Baghdad airport and when Muhammad Al-Shibani and Hassan Moqawima arrived to welcome Soleimani.
– PDK forces, led by Barzani, conflict with YPG militants in Sahila-Rabiya road. According to PDK, 50-60 of YPG forces tried to enter Iraq from Syria. The conflict took several hours.
– Commemoration ceremony for Fakhrizadeh in Iran’s embassy in Baghdad in presence of tribes elders and political and religious figures.
– US planes flying low suspiciously over Erbil for the last two days.
– UK ambassador visited Imam Kadhim Shrine.
– Syria state TV, SANA: American troops brought a caravan of tankers conveying Syrian oil with support of 16 IFVs from Hasakah to Iraq through al-Walid passage.
– Mohamed al-Halbousi, Iraq’s parliament speaker, held an official session with some of officials of Nineveh and Anbar provinces to form a Sunni Iqlim.
– Protests in Sulaymaniyah province ended by arresting many of protestors by Patriotic Union of Kurdistan forces. Sulaymaniyah province is controlled by Patriotic Union of Kurdistan party.
– Iraqi government announced that PM al Kadhimi will travel to Turkey on Thursday on president Erdogan invitation.
– US embassy alarm went off in Baghdad. It was a drill by American terrorists.
– A logistics caravan of American terrorists was hit near Baghdad. Qasem al-Jabbarin took responsibility.