Latest Updates on Syria, 17 January 2021
– A car bomb exploded in the al-Thalatheen street in Idlib cuty. The number of casualties or the perpetrators of this attack is unknown.
– The US-led coalition and the SDF carried out a new military exercise at the US base near the Conoco gas facility.
– A roadside bomb exploded in the path of a Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) vehicle in the al-Azaba area east of Deir Ezzor
– The Syrian Army artillery targeted positions of Turkish-backed forces in the villages of Barah and Falifel, south of Idlib.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed forces shelled Syrian Army positions in al-Dar al-Kabira village, south of Idlib.
– A new convoy of the Turkish Army containing military equipment and logistics entered in Idlib province from the Kafr Lusin crossing.
– In the last 24 hours, Russian fighter jets have flown 130 sorties against ISIS positions to provide security and prevent ISIS attacks.
– Kurdish internal security forces banned any civilian vehicles (even bicycles) from entering security areas in Hasakah. The decision follows an increase in motor and car assassinations against the SDF.
– Turkish-backed forces targeted the village of Yalshi, northwest of Manbij, with artillery fire.
– Establishment of a new military post by Turkey in Atarb. The newly established Turkish military post is 3 km away from areas controlled by the Syrian government.
– ISIS has carried out about 37 attacks against Syrian Army forces in various parts of the Syrian desert since early January.
– According to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 21 times in the Idlib region, including 3 in Aleppo province, 4 in Latakia province, 5 in Hama and 9 in Hama province.