Latest Updates on Iraq, 28 January 2021
ISWNews Analysis Group: Popular Mobilization Forces (PMU) thwarted an ISIS terrorist attack in the Naft Khaneh area of Diyala province.
– The strengthening of the borders between the two provinces of Diyala and Salah al-Din by the Hashad al-Shaabi (PMU) forces after the recent attack of ISIS terrorists, which resulted in the martyrdom and wounding of a number of these forces.
– The Turkish Ministry of Defense announced the dispatch of 25 military advisers to Baghdad to support the Iraqi Army within the framework of the NATO delegation. In recent years, Turkey has sent troops to several countries, including Lebanon, Afghanistan, Bosnia and Albania, as part of NATO missions.
– Popular Mobilization Forces (PMU) thwarted an ISIS terrorist attack in the Naft Khaneh area of Diyala province.
– Meeting of the French Ambassador with Qassim Al-Araji, National Security Advisor to Iraq.
The issue of weapons, the exchange of information in the military and security fields has been one of the topics discussed between the two Iraqi and French officials.
– Saudi Crown Prince Bin Salman and Iraqi President Barham Saleh discussed bilateral relations by telephone.
– The Iraqi Foreign Ministry has announced that it has sent a request to the UN Security Council to monitor the upcoming elections.
– 10 ISIS terrorists were killed in an airstrike in Kirkuk.
– The Iraqi National Security Service announced the neutralization of the ISIS terrorist plan in Kirkuk province after obtaining important information in this regard.
– The end of the joint operation “Revenge of the Martyrs” of the Hashad al-Shaabi forces and the Iraqi army in Salah al-Din province in order to clear these areas. These forces have launched another operation in Anbar province in the west of the country.
– Iraqi National Security Adviser meets with US Ambassador to Iraq
On January 26.
During the meeting, the Iraqi National Security Adviser stressed that Iraq needs the support of the International Coalition against ISIS and hopes that these measures will continue.
– The United States moved several armored vehicles and a logistics convoy from Iraqi Kurdistan to Kirkuk province.