Latest Updates on Syria, 7 February 2021
– A militant vehicle was targeted by a Syrian Army anti-tank missile in the Kharbat al-Naqous area northwest of Hama, killing seven militants and wounding several others.
– 12 members of the Syrian Army’s Al-Baqir Brigade were martyred in an ambush by ISIS terrorists in the al-Sukhna area in the east of Homs province.
– The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) and YPG (Asayish) internal security agents launched an operation aimed at arresting ISIS cells in al-Dishisha and al-Shadadi areas, in which several ISIS-linked individuals were identified and arrested, and a number of weapons, ammunition and an ISIS hideout were discovered.
The operation is carried out in the Deir Ezzor desert after the assassination of the co-chairman and deputy mayor of the town of Tal al-Shire in al-Dishishah area of Hasakah by ISIS.
– Media close to the militants claimed Erdogan’s decision to build a medical school and a medical service facility in the northern Syrian city of al-Rai. The city came under the control of Free Syrian Army militants during Operation Euphrates Shield.
– The Syrian army bombed militant positions in the village of Al-Bara.
– A Turkish soldier was killed in an operation to defuse explosive traps in the city of Al-Bab in Aleppo province. The city is under the control of Turkish-backed militants.
– The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) claimed to have shot down a Turkish drone north of Raqqa, but it was later revealed that the downed drone belonged to Russia.
– According to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 21 times in the Idlib region, including 5 in Aleppo, 2 in Latakia, 1 in Hama and 13 in Hama.
– 8 members of the Turkestan Party were killed in a clashes with the Syrian Army in the north of Ma’arat al-Nu’man.
– The Russian fighter jets carried out more than 150 attacks on ISIS positions in the Syrian desert in the past 24 hours.
– An IED blast wounded several SAA soldiers near the town of Debsi Afnan.