Latest Updates on Afghanistan, 9 February 2021
ISWNews Analysis Group: 4 employees of the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development were killed in an attack by unidentified gunmen in Bagh-e-Daud area of Kabul’s PD5.
1- Taliban negotiating committee travel to Turkmenistan.
Taliban spokesperson in a press conference: Taliban will provide security for the project of TAPI (gas pipeline to Pakistan).
– In recent conflict of Taliban and the army in Panjwai, Zharey, Dand and Arghandab districts 31 Taliban militants killed, 6 wounded and 9 arrested.
– In the airforce air raid to Taliban forces in Panjwai district 15 militants killed and injured.
– A Taliban commander and six militants were killed in the airforce air raid in Nahre Seraj district.
– Afghanistan special forces released four civilians from Taliban prisons in Gershek district.
– In the army and Taliban conflict in Shirzad and Hesarak districts 18 Taliban militants killed. The army shelled Taliban positions two times.
– A bomb vehicle exploded in Khogyani area; three killed and many wounded. Above photo.
– In the army operation in Gizab district nine Taliban militants killed, four wounded and two arrested.
– Due to Taliban and the army conflict in Chorah district 13 Taliban militants killed, nine wounded and three Taliban trenches destroyed.
Due to the army attacks to Taliban positions in Shirin Tagab district 14 killed and 6 wounded.
Due to the army operation in Poshte Roud district eight Taliban militants killed and one arrested.
8- Meidan Wardak
Investigating committee of recent incidents in Behsud said the protesters were unarmed and suspended chief of police in Meidan Wardak and sent the case to Afghanistan attorney.
4 members of the Popular Protection Forces were killed in a roadside bomb blast on the Herat-Islam Qala highway.