Latest Updates on Iraq 19 July 2021
ISWNews Analysis Group: A short while after visit of Hossein Taeb, IRGC intelligence chief from Iraq, Sayyid Mahmoud Alavi, Intelligence Minister of Iran visits Iraq and meets Iraqi officials.
– In conflict between security forces with ISIS terrorists in Taramiyah area, north of Baghdad, two security forces martyred.
– On July 17, fire in Muthanna military base was extinguished by the Iraq firefighters.
– On July 19, at least 15 people were injured and 36 were killed in a terrorist blast in the Baghdad’s Sadr City.
Due to ISIS terrorists attack to Iraqi army HQ in south of Kirkuk four soldiers martyred.
3- Dhi Qar:
On July 15, a logistical caravan of American occupiers was attacked in Naseriyah.
Robert Palladino, new US consulate in Erbil, met with the Democratic Party leader, foreign affairs chief and prime minister of Kurdistan Iqlim.
– Nineveh Police Command arrested Abu Yusuf, entitled as security lion of ISIS. He is a leader of ISIS during the time ISIS was occupying Mosul.
– IED explosion en route Turkish army patrol near Baashiqah base, north of Mosul.
Turkish intelligence claimed that two PKK members were killed in Duhok area.
– Anbar Operation Command launched an operation against ISIS hidden cores.
– Security forces shot down an unknown drone over Fallujah.
8- A short while after visit of Hossein Taeb, IRGC intelligence chief from Iraq, Sayyid Mahmoud Alavi, Intelligence Minister of Iran visits Iraq and meets Iraqi officials.
9- On July 15, Mustafa Al-Kadhimi, Iraqi PM, met with an American committee, led by the White House coordinator in middle east affairs. Brett McGurk said: USA will withdraw troops from Iraq step by step. Al-Kadhimi’s counselor said: Iraqi PM will will examine US troops withdrawal schedule in Washington.
10- On 18 July, US drones attacked a Hashad Sha’abi vehicle at the border with Syria.
11- Mustafa Al-Kadhimi, Iraqi commander in chief, promoted three security commanders, Abdul Amir Al-Shammari, deputy chief of staff, Ahmed Abu Ragheef, head of intelligence department of ministry of state and Mohammed Al-Bayati, military deputy of prime ministry, fro Lieutenant General to full General.
12- Murders of Hisham al-Hashimi, Iraqi researcher and reporter, arrested. One of them is an officer of Ministry of Sate.
13- PKK claims to kill five Turkish soldiers in north of Iraq in two operations.
14- Mustafa Al-Kadhimi will meet Joe Biden on July 26 in the White House.
15- Muqtada Sadr, leader of Sadr movement, said in a speech on July 15 that he doesn’t have any involvement on the current or future government.