Latest Updates On Yemen, 25 September 2023
Following the escalation of attacks by Al-Qaeda terrorists on the Shabwa Defense Forces in Al-Saeed district, located in Shabwah Governorate of Yemen, at least four people were killed, an ambulance was destroyed, and a military base suffered material damages.
– On September 24, supporters of the Southern Transitional Council (STC) protested against the return of Mabkhout Mubarak bin Madi, resigned governor of Hadhramaut Governorate, from Saudi Arabia to the city of Al-Mukalla, in Al-Shahr region, as the people held rallies and gatherings to demand his removal from power.
– On September 25, the resigned governor of Hadhramaut, in an emergency meeting with the members of the security committee of the governorate, banned any sort of organizing rallies and gatherings in the city of Al-Mukalla.
Following a bomb explosion targeting the vehicle of security forces between Sheikh Othman and Dar Saad districts, head of the security forces in Dar Saad Mosleh al-Zahrani was injured. Local sources in southern Yemen suspect that this attack may have been carried out by armed members of the Al-Islah (Reform) Party, also known as the Yemeni Congregation for Reform.
On September 24, as a result of a bomb explosion targeting the vehicle of armed members of the Southern Transitional Council (STC) in the village of Al-Jaln in Mudiyah district of south-western Yemen, four people were killed and one person was injured.
– Al-Qaeda militants attacked an ambulance carrying Shabwah Defense Forces in Al-Masinaa village, the center of Al-Saeed district, in Shabwah Governorate. As a result of this attack, four personnel of the Shabwa Defense Forces and the ambulance crew were killed.
– On September 25, Al-Qaeda militants attacked Al-Qanah military base on the outskirts of Al-Masina’a village with several rocket-propelled grenades (RPG). Some local sources believe that this attack was carried out by Al-Qaeda’s drones. The Shabwah governor has ordered a halt to school and public places following an escalation in al-Qaeda’s activities in the district of al-Saeed, the provincial official also dispatched reinforcements to clear al-Qaeda positions in the heights around al-Masina’a village.
– Saudi-led coalition forces violated an ongoing ceasefire with Yemen 184 times in the past 48 hours.
– Saudi-led coalition drones bombed the areas of Hays and Maqbanah three times in the last 48 hours.
Four Yemeni civilians were wounded as a result of artillery strikes and shelling by the Saudi-led coalition on Shada’a and Monabbih districts in the Sa’dah Governorate.