Latest Updates on Syria, 20 August 2020 (Map Update)
The headline of the latest news and the most important developments in Syria in the last 48 hours
1. Rocket attack to US terrorist forces near CONICO gas field north of Deir Ezzor.
A Syrian pro-government group known as the Popular Resistance in the Eastern Region has claimed responsibility for the attack.
2. According to local sources, US terrorist soldiers convoy were targeted by light weapons from areas under control of Syrian army in west of Euphrates while patrolling near al-Omar oil field.
3. An American drone MQ-9 was shot down in north of Idlib province over Kafr Takharim area. It is said it was shot down by Turkey. Shortly after this, another American drone was shot down near Ariha.
4. Syrian army artillery shelled Turkish-backed Militants in Khan Sobol, Kafr Uwayd, Zayzun and Muazirah.
5. Due to roadside bomb blast in Deir Ezzor province, a Russian general and soldier killed and three injured.
6. A logistics caravan of Syrian army with fifth corps of Syrian army soldiers arrived at Tabqah airport.
7. Due to explosion of a bombed car in checkpoint in west of Ras al-Ain, Hasakah province, three Turkish-backed militants killed and 14 injured.
8. According to local sources, 7 military convoys of the Turkish Armed Forces entered Idlib through Kafr Lusin border crossing.