Latest Updates on Iraq, 3 September 2020
The headline of the latest news and the most important developments in Iraq in the last 48 hours
– Security forces neutralized a suicide attack on Kirkuk.
A suicide bomber was trying to enter the city of Kirkuk with a truck and explosives, but blew himself up in the south of Kirkuk after the car was stopped at the Maryam Beg checkpoint by security forces. One woman was killed and four members of the security forces were injured in the blast.
In another blast in Diyala province, two Iraqi soldiers were wounded.
– The United States has blocked two websites of Kataib Hezbollah in Iraq.
– Macron’s visit to Iraq
During his visit, Macron met with the Iraqi president, prime minister and speaker of parliament, as well as Kurdistan Regional Government President Nechirvan Barzani, who was in Baghdad to meet with central government officials.
– The United States handed over the archives of the disbanded Ba’ath party to Iraq after 17 years.
– Attack on the logistics convoy of American terrorists with a roadside bomb in Babil.
– Missile attack on British Security Corporation (G4S) in Baghdad. (Image)