Latest Updates on Karabakh, 24 Nov 2020 (Map Update)
– The 10-day extra deadline for evacuating the Kalbajar region expires tomorrow on November 25, and the Azerbaijani army will officially enter the Kalbajar region. According to the ceasefire agreement, the Kalbajar region was to be evacuated and handed over to Azerbaijan by November 15, but at the request of Armenia and with the consent of Azerbaijan, another 10 days were added to this date.
– The Agdam region was completely handed over to the Azerbaijani army.
– President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and his wife visited the city of Agdam.
– The Russian army sent more than 100 new troops to Nagorno-Karabakh, including 13 units of military and special equipment, including military vehicles and Uran-6 UGV demining vehicles. These forces are responsible for clearing areas and roads of explosive traps and mines.
– A Russian peacekeeper and four employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (Artsakh) were injured in a mine explosion in the Madaghis region and an Azerbaijani soldier was killed.
– Since the beginning of the ceasefire agreement in Karabakh, more than 10,000 Armenians who fled Nagorno-Karabakh to Armenia have returned to their homes.
– In recent days, there have been rumors that Turkey has intended to move the families of Syrian militants to the southern part of Nagorno-Karabakh, which was recently liberated by Azerbaijan. However, so far no evidence has been provided to substantiate this rumor.