Latest Updates on Syria, 24 January 2021
ISWNews Analysis Group: Last night, Turkish-backed forces tried to infiltrate the M4 highway near Ain Issa, but the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) repelled the attacks.
– On January 23, the village of Mushrifa, near the Ain Issa silos along the M4 road was heavily bombed by Turkish-backed militants.
– Turkish Army and its militants bombed the city of Tal Rafaat in north of Aleppo city. According to preliminary information, 3 civilians were martyred and 6 were injured.
– On January 22, Turkish military drones bombed a neighborhood in the city of Ain al-Arab, injuring a number of civilians.
– Syrian Army targeted terrorist positions in Hama and Idlib provinces. No information is available on the number of possible casualties. Simultaneously with the bombing, Russian drones flew over the area.
– A transport plane carrying Russian military equipment landed at Qamishli Airport, north of Hasakah.
– News sources reported the martyrdom of two commanders of the Palestinian Al-Quds Brigade after their vehicle was targeted by Turkish-affiliated militants on the outskirts of Aleppo.
– Sources close to the militants claimed that one person was killed and three others were injured when ISIS blew up a Syrian Army vehicle in al-Sukhna. In the last 24 hours, Russia has carried out more than 25 airstrikes against ISIS terrorist positions and hideouts in the Syrian desert.
– Syrian media reported: The report of some media that Israeli warplanes attacked Army positions in Tartus is a complete lie.
– According to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 21 times in the Idlib region, including 4 in Aleppo, 3 in Latakia, 7 in Hama and 7 in Hama.
– The Russian Foreign Ministry issued a statement: During a meeting with Syrian Ambassador to Moscow Dr. Riyad Haddad yesterday, Mikhail Bogdanov stressed Russia’s support for national sovereignty and territorial integrity of Syria and Russia’s readiness to continue supporting the Syrian people in the fight against international terrorism.
– SANA: In the wake of the continuing water cut and the closure of the Alluk water pump for the sixth day in a row by the Turkish occupiers, Hasakah city council sent a number of water tankers to supply water to the citizens of this city.