Latest Updates on Syria, 29 January 2021
ISWNews Analysis Group: Syrian sources reported the presence of General Soheil Hassan, commander of the Syrian Army’s Tiger forces in northern Hama.
– Turkish-backed militants targeted the M4 highway near Ain Issa with artillery shells.
Due to the escalation of tensions in the Ain Issa area and continues attacks by the Turkish-backed militants on the M4 highway, in recent days, the Russian Military helicopter forced to start escorting civilian vehicles along the M4 highway.
– One member of the Turkish-backed Sultan Murad group was killed in an attack by unknown gunmen on the group’s checkpoint in the village of al-Rai in the north of al-Bab city. The village came under the control of the Free Syrian Army during Operation Euphrates Shield. Insecurity and assassinations continue in Turkish-backed militant-held areas and continue to increase. Turkish-backed forces blaming Kurdish militants and ISIS for the attacks.
– US coalition UH-60 multi-role helicopters maneuver and fly near Al-Tanf base to further coordinate with US-backed militants. (image)
– One of the members of the al-Quds Brigade named Hesamuddin Abdul Karim Ayan was martyred in Badia Sham due to a mine explosion in the Deir Ezzor desert.
– ISIS terrorists claim to have destroyed a Syrian Army tank in al-Sukhna with a guided missile.
– Unidentified gunmen assassinated the head of the Nahta town council on the eastern outskirts of Daraa.
– Syrian Army targeted militant positions in Majdaliya, southeast of Idlib.
– A gun shop explodes in the city of Bannish in Idlib province. Statistics on the number of casualties are not available.
– Two vehicles belonging to ISIS terrorists were targeted and destroyed in an airstrike on the Deir Ezzor-Tadmor road.
– According to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 24 times in the Idlib region, including 5 in Aleppo province, 9 in Latakia province, 3 in Hama and 7 in Hama province.
– Sources close to the militants claimed that 12 people had been killed and five ISIS terrorists wounded in clashes with the Syrian Army in the eastern deserts of Homs.
For the past two months, the eastern areas of Syria has witnessed an increase of ISIS activity and clashes between the Syrian Army and ISIS rised dramatically.
– Syrian sources reported the presence of General Soheil Hassan, commander of the Syrian Army’s Tiger forces in northern Hama. He reportedly visited Kafr Zita town.
– Russian fighter jets targeted ISIS positions in the al-Shola area near Deir Ezzor city.