Latest Updates on Iraq, 8 March 2021
ISWNews Analysis Group: The second stage of Thar al-Shuhada operation to search and cleanse ISIS terrorists in south of Kirkuk and Tuz Khurmato, east of Saladdin province, kicked off by the PMU.
– The Hill: US mulls possible military response to rocket attack on Iraq base.
– Iranian president stressed on releasing Iran’s money in Iraq, in a call with Iraqi PM.
Rouhani to Al Kadhimi: Iran’s currency in Iraq should be released ASAP. We are against any foreign interference in Iraq’s affairs.
– End of Pope’s thee days journey to Iraq. Pope met with Ayatollah Sistani and went to Erbil on the last day of his journey. He visited ISIS ruins in Mosul yesterday. He was sent off by Iraqi president with a flight to Rome today morning.
– Mustafa Al Kadhimi asked for start of Iraqi negotiations and the region countries collaboration for the peace of the region, in Pope’s farewell.
– Troops of 41st battalion of Hashad Sha’abi repelled ISIS attack to Tal Dhahab village, south of Balad town, Saladdin province, last night.
– Protest in Babil
Iraqi protesters demanded dismiss of Babil governor.
– Today morning forces of 46th battalion of Hashad Sha’abi engaged ISIS terrorists in Jurf al-Nasr area, north of Babil province.
– On the early hours of 6 March an American drone was seen flying over Baghdad green zone.
– The second stage of Thar al-Shuhada operation to search and cleanse ISIS terrorists in south of Kirkuk and Tuz Khurmato, east of Saladdin province, kicked off by forces of 16th and 23rd battalion of Hashad Sha’abi.
– Yesterday Hashad Sha’abi forces in Taramiyah Baghdad engaged ISIS terrorists in which 10 Hashad Sha’abi troops martyred and wounded. Following the conflict, Iraqi air force helicopters pursued ISIS terrorists and attacked them.