Latest Updates on Afghanistan, 27 March 2021
1- Maydan Wardak:
– General Yasin Ziyah, head of Afghanistan DM, called Alipour and his forces terrorists and said the operation continues until he’s arrested, in a statement. He rejected that government forces assaulted and plundered Behsud people.
– Taliban militants abducted 10 civilians in Jalriz road.
2- German parliament passed the bill to extend German forces mission in Afghanistan until January 2022. Nevertheless, Taliban believes that according to their agreement with USA, all foreign forces should leave Afghanistan by May 2021, otherwise they resume their military attacks.
– Due to Taliban attack on security forces positions in Lashgar Gah district, 10 security forces including Abdulmuhammad Sarwari, Sangin chief of police, killed.
– Air force air raid on Taliban positions in Nade Ali district.
In the security forces operation two ISIS terrorists killed in Ghani Khil district and five were wounded, from which some were foreigners.
– Taliban attacking search post of popular forces in Kal Qambar area, Kahsan district, martyred five.
– Security forces and Taliban conflict in Pashtun Zarghun district.
Security forces arrested Hayatallah Jayhun, a popular commander who provided security for the religious gatherings. He killed a suicide terrorist last year.
7- Ceremony to name a street in Paris after Ahmad Shah Masoud, Afghanistan national hero, in presence of his son Ahmad Masoud, Abdullah Abdullah, Hamid Karzai and Paris mayor. (image)