Afghanistan: Military situation in Kunduz province
Tuesday, 22 June 2021 - 11:32
- The districts of Dasht-e Archi, Imam Sahib and Qala-e-Zal under the control of the Taliban.
- The districts of Kunduz is under the control of government forces.
- Most areas of Khanabad and Aliabad districts have also been taken over by the Taliban, but clashes continue in some areas.
- The Taliban claimed complete control of Chahar Dara district in southern Kunduz province.
- Government forces retreated from the Shir Khan border crossing, thus the Afghanistan’s borders with Tajikistan in northern Kunduz province have fallen to the Taliban.
If the Taliban take full control of Aliabad, the district of Kunduz will be completely besieged and its fall is imminent.