Latest Updates on Afghanistan, Pakistan and Kashmir, 19 Oct 2021
ISWNews Analysis Group: Zalmay Khalilzad, the US special envoy to Afghanistan and head of negotiations with the Taliban, has resigned.
1- Clashes between Taliban and ISIS:
– ISIS assailants assassinated a Taliban member in the fourth district of Jalalabad city in Nangarhar province.
– ISIS claims to have assassinated a Taliban member who collaborated with the Pakistani intelligence service in the sixth district of Jalalabad in Nangarhar province.
2- Zalmay Khalilzad, the US Special Representative in Afghanistan and in charge of negotiations with the Taliban, resigned.
3- The Moscow summit will be held on October 20 to discuss the political and military situation, the formation of an inclusive government in Afghanistan and the prevention of a humanitarian crisis in the country.
4- The Russian-led Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) holds a six-day exercise near the Afghan-Tajik border.
5- A UN cargo shipment arrived in Mazar-e-Sharif, northern Afghanistan, from Termez International Airport in Uzbekistan.
– ISIS assassinated a Taliban member in the Wana region of southern Waziristan province.
– A protest rally of Pakistanis was held in front of the Journalists’ Club in Islamabad city to express solidarity with the people of Afghanistan and condemn the crimes of ISIS.
– One member of the security forces was killed and nine others were injured in a terrorist explosion on Sariab Street in Quetta.
ISIS has claimed responsibility for an armed attack on an Indian military base in the Eidgah area of Srinagar.