Latest updates on Yemen, 9 August 2022
ISWNews Analysis Group: Following the escalation of tension between the militants of Islah party and the resigned government of Hadi in Shabwah province, more than 25 members of both sides were killed and wounded.
– On August 6, following the tension between the Islah party and the resigned government of Hadi in Shabwah province, Al-Amaliqa forces entered the Marah base to support Awad bin Al-Wazir al-Awlaki, the governor of Shabwa. The Islah party has also sent a convoy of several military vehicles to the city of Ataq to strengthen its positions.
– On August 8, clashes between militants of Islah Party and Al-Amaliqa forces were reported in the outskirts of Ataq Airport and the base of the 21st Brigade.
– On August 8, 25 militants were killed and wounded due to clashes between forces loyal to of Islah Party and forces affiliated with Shabwa governor.
Al-Mahrah tribesmen shot down a Saudi coalition spy drone in the sky of Qashan district. According to the published images from local sources, it seems the downed drone is a US-made ScanEagle drone.
On August 7, several explosions were heard around the city of Sana’a. The pro-Saudi sources claimed the explosions were related to AnsarAllah’s missile test and the explosions has killed six Iranian and Lebanese advisers. Also some other local sources attributed these explosions to the destruction of mines and explosives.
– The Saudi-led forces violated the ceasefire 120 times in the last 48 hours in this province.
– A child was martyred and two others were injured due to the explosion of a mine planted by the Saudi-led forces in Al-Mujaar area in Al-Tuhaita district.