Latest Updates on Iraq, 18 April 2020
ISWNews Analysis Group: Unknown gunmen fired two Katyusha rockets at a Chinese company in the Nahrawan area.
1. During searching and clearing operation of Khailaniah region in west of Diyala province by Iraqi army, one of the bombed homes was exploded.
According to Iraqi security sources, six Iraqi army forces were wounded in this blast.
2. Unknown gunmen fired two Katyusha rockets at a Chinese company in the Nahrawan area. It’s said that this attack has been done by drone and its rest is found.
3. Following Turkey’s recent attack on north of Iraq, the foreign ministry of this country summoned Turkish ambassador and protested to the violation of Iraqi sovereignty.
Some members of the parliament’s security and defense commission demanded the government to take appropriate action against Turkey and to complain.
4. Turkish warplanes bombed PKK positions in the Afasin and Basian areas in north of Iraq.
5. Mohammad Al Ghaban, the chief of the Fath fraction :
– The investigation committee completed its work and did not find any evidence that prove the complicity of some people with the perpetrators of the assassination of Martyr Soleimani and his companions.
– The fractions agreed with Al Kadhimi that foreign troops be expelled based on a timetable, and he also has pledged to implement the parliament’s resolution.