Latest Updates on Libya; 23 May 2020 (Map Update)
ISWNews Analysis Group: Despite the LNA claim about its 3 kilometers withdrawal from the Tripoli fronts, the LNA forces have had heavy failures and have extensively withdrew from Tripoli various fronts.
– The GNA took completely the regions of al-Ramla, Khala al-Farjan, Salah al-Din and also Takbali, Hamza and Yarmuk bases control, after withdrawal of the LNA forces from the southern fronts of Tripoli.
– The LNA artillery bombed the Ain Zarah axis.
The GNA drones targeted the LNA positions in the al-Washaka area.
– The GNA took the al-Asabeah city under control, after clashes with the LNA. Now, the GNA have focused their attacks on al-Shaqiqah.
– The LNA warplanes have carried out 5 airstrikes on Gharyan.
The LNA succeeded to shot down an Anka drone (Turkish-made) in the Tarhuna area.
5. Jabal al-Gharbi:
– A Bayraktar TB2 drone (Turkish-made) was shot down by the LNA, in the al-Shuwairaf area located in southwest of the Jabal al-Gharbi province.
– The GNA forces shot down a Wing Loong drone (Chinese-made) in the suburb of al-Qariyat located in the Jabal al-Gharbi province.
Libya interactive map