Latest updates on Afghanistan, 26 May 2020
Latest news from the Afghanistan peace talks and the frontlines
1. Peace talks:
– Suheil Shahin, Taliban spokesperson, denied extending Eid Al Fitr ceasefire.
2. Afghanistan national security:
– Due to Taliban’s attacks to 30 provinces in Ramadan 146 civilians were killed and 430 injured.
– Setting another 900 Taliban captives free the total number of released captives reach 2,000.
– Due to security forces air strikes on Taliban positions in Mangajik town, 21 Taliban militants were killed.
– According to local sources, more than 1,500 families inhabiting in Mardian district and 250 families of Mangajik district were displaced by Taliban.
Due to mortar hitting a house in Alishang district four civilians died.
Due to explosion in Tanawchi village, Mianshin district, a mother and her three children died and three injured.
Due to roadside mine four soldiers died.
7. US terrorist defense ministry:
L1st Lt. Trevarius Ravon Bowman was killed in Bagram airbase due to non combat reasons.