Iraq in Recent Week, 20 July 2020
The headline of the most important news of Iraq in recent days
– Releasing a document attributed to the martyr Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes about the people that wanted to assassinate him, and he had given this list to Mustafa al-Kadhomi during his lifetime.
Amir Mousavi, the Iranian former diplomat: Two Iraqi officials, and also a number of government officials have contributed in the assassination of martyr Soleimani and al-Mohandes, that Iran has their names, and will be discussed about them during the al-Kadhimi’s visit to Tehran in the next days.
Yazan Mushaan al-Jabouri, the Sunni and former commander of Hashd al-Shaabi: The relationship between martyr al-Mohandes and al-Kadhimi was not good, and martyr al-Mohandes had given to al-Kadhimithe list of intelligence officers that had been tasked to assassinate Shahid al-Mohandes. Martyr al-Mohandes believed until the end of his life that al-Kadhimi will be responsible for his assassination.
– Retaining Faleh al-Fayadh as head of the Hashad al-Shaabi organization by al-Kadhimi, the Prime Minister of Iraq
– Assassination of Brigadier Gen. Ali Gheidan, commander of the Iraqi army brigade 59 in Taromiyah, in north of Baghdad
– Some sources: Withdrawal of British troops from al-Taji and Basmayeh bases in Baghdad.
– The action of Iraqi Prime Minister al-Kadhimi for dominance of the government on the border crossings of this country, by sending troops to several Iraqi border crossings.
Badr al-Ziyadi, member of parliament from Basra province: All of the Basra border terminals are under control of government, except the Jarishan border terminal on the border with Kuwait, that is not controlled by the government, but is under control of US forces.
– Issuing the order of banning the political commenting of the members of Hashd al-Shaabi organization in media and social networks by Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi
– Continuation of bombardment of the Iraqi northern regions(the Iraqi Kurdistan region) by Turkish warplanes, in continuation of the Turkish military operation against P.K.K in north of Iraq
In this operation, Turkey has established several new military bases in the strategic regions in Dohuk province. Due to the bombardments, several villages have been evacuated by the habitants.
– Naming a street in Karbala as Martyr Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes.
– With order of Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Gen. Abd al-Wahab al-Saedi, head of the anti-terrorism organization, and Gen. Abd al-Amir Yarallah, head of the army joint headquarter, were promoted to the rank of lieutenant General, and the spokesman of the commander of the armed forces, Brigadier Gen. Yahya al-Rasul also was promoted to the rank of Major-general.
– Tributing and reading of the Fateha by the Iranian Foreign Minister and the accompanying delegation at the place of martyrdom of Gen.Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes in Baghdad.
– Announcement the existence of a newly established group in Iraq with the name of Kataeb al-Shabaniyah (Shabaniyah battalions) with the aim of fighting with the Baathis.
– In a statement, the Iraqi Foreign Ministry on Friday announced an agreement between Baghdad, Washington and the Gulf Cooperation Council for connecting Iraq to the electricity network of these countries. In the past, Iraq had done negotiations with several companies, including Siemens and China, for solving the electricity problem of this country, but these projects were been stopped due to US actions.
– Firing three Katyusha rockets at the US embassy in the Khazraa security region in Baghdad on July 19. The Asbat al-Thairin group claimed the responsibility of this operation.