Latest updates on Iraq, 19 September 2020
The headline of the latest news and the most important developments in Iraq in the last 48 hours
– Big explosion in ammo warehouse of Camp Speicher.
Official sources claimed the reason was inappropriate sitting of the ammo and heat, while sources inside the base claimed the warehouse was attacked by drone.
– Iraqi Resistance forces attacks to logistical positions and caravans of American terrorists in different areas in Saladdin province, Farhatiya, Latifiya, Hilla, Samarra areas.
According to unofficial sources an American terrorist soldier and a security force of Bawaba al-Khalij company were heavily injured in attack near Samarra.
– ISIS attack repelled in south of Samarra city in Salahaddin province by 41st brigade of Hashad Sha’abi.
– Hashad Sha’abi 23rd brigade repelled ISIS attack to Mayta village, Diyala province.
– Several ISIS terrorists are arrested.
Several ISIS terrorists in different parts of Iraq were arrested, among which there is head of placing bombs in Euphrates area of Iraq in Riyadh area, Kirkuk province.
– Three forces of Hashad Sha’abi 16th brigade martyred due to ISIS terrorists attack to southwest of Kirkuk.
– Abu Ali Askari, security chief of Hezbollah battalions, tweet regarding attacks to diplomatic and security centers of US embassy in Baghdad:
Sacred cities should be away from violence. Using excess force to fulfill a goal, even if it is sacred, is not acceptable. Attacking diplomatic centers, if they are not dangerous, is useless.
– Muqtada Sadr message to Netanyahu: Don’t even think about Israel embassy in Baghdad, otherwise it will be your end.
– Turkish defense ministry:
PKK terrorists launched a mortar attack against a Turkish military base which resulted in martyrdom of two and injury of one soldiers. (image)