Latest Updates on Afghanistan, 1 Dec 2020
Latest news from the war frontlines of Afghanistan
1- During a phone call with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, Afghan Foreign Minister Mohammad Hanif Atmar condemned the assassination of an Iranian scientist and offered his condolences on the martyrdom of Fakhrizadeh. Joint cooperation between the two countries in the field of water and the opening of the Khaf-Herat railway were among the topics discussed in this conversation.
– As a result of the terrorist explosion of Qala-e-Jawz base in the third security area of Ghazni city, 30 people were martyred and 28 people were injured. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack. (The image above is related to this news.)
– The Afghan Ministry of Defense claimed to have killed Hamza Waziristani, the mastermind of the attack, and seven of his accomplices in Giro. The Taliban has denied Afghan MoD claim.
– Elimination of Taliban suicide car by security forces in Deh Yek district.
– Two children were martyred and two others were injured due to a mistaken attack by the Afghan Air Force on the village of Deh Haji in the district of Khaja Omari.
The Taliban attack on the Pul-e-Khumri-Samangan road was defeated by security forces defending these positions, resulting in the death of seven Taliban members and the wounding of three others.
As a result of the terrorist explosion in Daman district, 5 civilians were martyred.
The Taliban blew up a bridge connecting the Ghazari region with the villages of the district of Khajeh Sabzpoosh to block the passage of security forces.
- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg: The European Union has declared its readiness to continue its presence in Afghanistan, as its early withdrawal risks turning Afghanistan back into a terrorist haven.