Latest Updates on Afghanistan and Pakistan, 12 Jan 2021
Latest news from Afghanistan fronts and Pakistan-India border clashes
– Clashes between the Afghan Army and the Taliban continued in the district of Zharey and Arghandab. (image)
– Afghan Security forces discovered and defused 32 landmines in Panjwai, Arghandab and Zharey districts.
Nine members of the Afghan Army were killed and two others were wounded in a Taliban attack on Army positions in Pashtrood district. 15 Taliban militants were also killed in the clashes.
Afghan Army sources also stated that 11 Taliban militants were killed and 78 other were wounded in clashes in the province over the past month.
11 Taliban members were killed and eight others were wounded in airstrikes and artillery shelling on Taliban rallies in Gizab area.
4- The Indian Foreign Minister, in a conversation with “Hanif Atmar”, Afghanistan Foreign Minister, announced India’s readiness to provide military support and assistance to Afghanistan.
– Indian forces opened fire on residential areas in Pakistan on the Kashmir border, leaving two wounded.
– A bomb blast at a cinema square in the Torbat region of Balochistan left six people injured.
– A Pakistani soldier was killed and two terrorists were killed during a Pakistani military operation in North Waziristan.
– Indian border guards release six Pakistani prisoners detained for violating the country’s border.