Latest Updates on Syria, 13 February 2021
– According to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 33 times in the Idlib region, including 4 in Aleppo, 4 in Latakia, 8 in Hama and 17 in Hama.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed militants shelled the village of Tal Tamar in Hasakah province.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed militants shelled Syrian Army positions in northern areas of Lattakia province.
– A US-led coalition drone reportedly targeted a meeting between ISIS commander Abu Yasin al-Iraqi and his forces in the al-Ajij Valley north of Deir Ezzor and that he may have been killed. Abu Yasin al-Iraqi was in charge of ISIS’s finances in Syria.
– A Turkish military vehicle patrolling the M4 highway in Idlib province was targeted. Al-Taliya Al-Mujahideen group claimed responsibility for the attack.
– Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) arrested several terrorists linked to ISIS who were involved in the assassination of the co-chairman and deputy mayor of the town of Tal al-Shire in al-Dishishah.
– One person was killed and several others were injured by a car bomb blast near the tax office in the border town of Al-Rai, northern Aleppo.
– A Syrian policeman was assassinated by unknown gunmen in Quneitra province.
– One of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) was killed by unknown gunmen in al-Hol camp.
– The Turkish-backed Sultan Murad group seize the property and shop of the residents of Ras al-Ain on the outskirts of Hasakah and threaten to arrest and detain its owners. Earlier, local sources reported that 50 houses belonging to displaced civilians from Afrin in the northwestern suburbs of Aleppo had been seized by Turkish-backed militants.
– Russian-Turkish military exercises aimed at improving the level of coordination and interaction during joint patrols. The exercise was held in Saraqib town, Idlib province.
– The pro-militants media claimed that the Syrian Army forces withdrew from the town of Tafas after settling in the town in the northwest of Daraa province.