Latest Updates on Yemen, 28 February 2021
Latest news from Marib front, al-Hudaydah and Saudi coalition airstrikes on Yemen
– Ansar Allah attacked al-Balaq mountain and Tala’at al-Hamra again. Heavy clashes were reported in southern areas of Tala’at al-Hamra with no changes in the military map of the area.
– Brigadier General Nofel Atef al-Houri, Head of Hadi’s special forces and one of the deputies of Abdul Ghani Sha’alan (another Hadi’s special forces commander who was KIA yesterday) was killed by Ansar Allah on the eastern front of Sarwah.
– Brigadier General “Nasser al-Barhati”, commander of the 2nd Brigade of Mansour Hadi’s forces, was also killed by Ansar Allah on the eastern front of Sarwah.
2- Saudi coalition airstrikes:
In the past 48 hours, Saudi coalition warplanes bombed Sarwah 31 times and Maheliyah 2 times in Marib province, and Kitaf in Saadah province 3 times.
– Eight civilians including a child and a woman were killed and wounded in attacks by Saudi coalition aircraft in the al-Rabsah neighborhood of al-Hudaydah city.
– Saudi coalition forces violated the ceasefire 307 times in the past 48 hours.
4- Missile and drone attacks on Saudi Arabia
Ansar Allah targeted Riyadh with 1 Zulfaqar missile and 15 drones, And Abha and Khamis Mushait Airports with Qasef 2k drones, according to a Yemeni Army spokesman.