Latest Updates on Syria, 6 March 2021
ISWNews Analysis Group: Russian ballistic missiles hit illegal oil reservoirs near the village of Tarhin, north of al-Bab, and the village of al-Hamran, northwest of Manbij.
– The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) arrested an ISIS member who was involved in the assassination of the mayor and deputy mayor of the town of Tal al-Shire in al-Dashisha.
– Russian ballistic missiles hit illegal oil reservoirs near the village of Tarhin, north of al-Bab, and the village of al-Hamran, northwest of Manbij.
– The checkpoint of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in the town of al-Shaheel was attacked by unknown gunmen.
– Closure of the SDF and Syrian government oil crossing in Deir Ezzor due to recent tensions in the Akidat area between the SDF and the Syrian army.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed militants bombed YPG positions around al-Shahba Dam in northern Aleppo.
– On March 4 and 5, the counter-terrorism units of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), with the support of the American coalition, carried out an operation to clear and arrest ISIS operatives in Deir Ezzor.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed militants bombed YPG positions on the outskirts of Tal Rifat in response to attacks on illegal oil reservoirs and fuel tanks in the Tarhin and Hamran areas.
– SDF special forces arrested nine ISIS operatives after security operations in the city of Raqqa, the suburbs of Hasakah, Ain al-Arab and Deir Ezzor.
– US military carried out a patrol in the southern suburbs of Malikiya in northeastern Syria.
– UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres reiterated his strong commitment to work for the benefit of the Syrian people and to work with the Syrian government.
– According to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 26 times in the Idlib region, including 2 in Aleppo province, 5 in Latakia province, 6 in Hama and 13 in Hama province.