Afghanistan: Taliban held its second official press conference
ISWNews Analysis Group: Taliban spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid announced progress in talks with Ahmad Massoud in Panjshir and said talks continue to resolve the Panjshir issue.
The key remarks made by Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid at his second press conference are as follows:
” – The United States must withdraw from Afghanistan by the end of August 31.
– The current congestion at Kabul Airport is worrying. We do our best to reduce this amount. Four ISIS members who were trying to infiltrate Kabul airport have been arrested and security incidents are taking place. We try not to harm the people who have gathered.
– We call on all countries that their land should not be a problem for our country. Just as we do not allow anyone to use our land against anyone.
– Turkey is a Muslim country and we would like to have good relations with them, but we oppose the presence of Turkish troops in Afghanistan. As soon as the problem of Kabul airport is solved, we do not need foreign forces.
– Negotiations are underway to resolve the Panjshir problem. The Islamic Emirate has declared that the war in Afghanistan is over, we do not want a single bullet to be fired. Talks to resolve the issue are ongoing and are 80 percent complete. This issue will be resolved peacefully.
– The army is the important foundation of the country and we are trying to build a better army than before. The soldiers we have are recruited and elite and strong people from the former soldiers will be recruited.
– God willing, our leader, Sheikh Hibatullah Akhundzada, will appear in the media soon.”