Latest Updates on Syria, 31 August 2021
ISWNews Analysis Group: According to the Russian Reconciliation Center in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 28 times in the Idlib region, of which 2 are in Aleppo province, 10 are in Latakia province, 2 are in Hama and 14 are in Idlib province.
Four Syrian Army soldiers were killed and 15 other were wounded in southern Daraa. The militants also admitted that two of their members were killed in clashes with the Syrian army.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed forces shelled the outskirts of M4 highway near Ain Issa. Also heavy clashes between the SDF and Turkish-backed forces were reported near the city of Ain Issa.
– Russian warplanes attacked ISIS hideouts in southwestern Raqqa near Resafah.
3- Deir Ezzor:
– Local sources claimed that an unidentified drone attacked the positions of Fatemiyun Brigade in the western suburbs of Deir Ezzor.
– Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have arrested 18 ISIS members in the western suburbs of Deir Ezzor . A number of weapons and ammunition were found from these people.
– An SDF member was killed by unknown individuals in the town of Jadida Akidat on the eastern outskirts of Deir Ezzor.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed forces shelled near the village of Sherava on the outskirts of Afrin.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed forces shelled the Shahba region.
– Russian warplanes attacked Faylaq al-Sham militant base near the village of Eskan, south of Afrin, five times. The village is adjacent to a Turkish military post in the village of Al-Ghazawiyah.
– Russian warplanes attacked militant positions on the outskirts of Barah, Kansafra, Balyon and Al-Fatirah.
– US forces conducted a patrol in the outskirts of Malekiyah, northeast of Hasakah.
7- Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran, met with President Bashar al-Assad, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Syria and leaders of Palestinian groups in Damascus.
8- According to the Russian Reconciliation Center in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 28 times in the Idlib region, of which 2 in Aleppo, 10 in Latakia, 2 in Hama and 14 in Hama.