IRGC Releases Images of Missile Operation “Muharram Strike” against ISIS Headquarters in Syria
Islamic World News Analysis Group: The IRGC Aerospace Division published the first images of the places where the missiles hit the ISIS terrorist headquarters in eastern Euphrates in Syria.
On Monday morning at 2:00 AM(Tehran local time), the IRGC’s Aerospace Division in response to Ahvaz terrorist attack which led to martyrdom of several people including a 4 years old boy, fired 6 surface-to-surface ballistic missiles from Kermanshah towards the positions of ISIS terrorists in the Hajin region east of the Euphrates in Syria.
Also 7 IRGC UCAVs participated in this operation and bombarded the ISIS positions in eastern Euphrates.
Commenting on the photos of the target zone, IRGC Aerospace Force Commander Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh said the eastern parts of the Euphrates and the bases of Daesh (ISIL) terrorist group are fully supported by the US forces and have a specific position.
Describing the Euphrates as a natural defense wall for the target zone in its western side, the commander said that area is also a no-fly zone and controlled by the US-led military coalition.
General Hajizadeh said employment of pilotless aircraft like Shahed-129 for aerial imaging at the moment of explosion could practically disclose the whole operation and make the US-led coalition help evacuate the target zone.
The IRGC utilized a different tactic to carry out the “Muharram Strike”, he added, saying the operation involved special intelligence tactics that allowed for a surprise attack on the commanders of Daesh.
The general concluded that the hybrid operation involved missiles and combat drones, noting that images of the ground zero reveal the great accuracy of the strike.
These three photos confirm a few points:
1) The missiles have been precisely hit at predestined targets.
2) The accuracy of Iran’s missiles have been really increased during recent years
3) Still, the pictures of UCAVs attacks have not yet been released.
4) IRGC Commander says that because of the US surveillance systems, they did not use UAVs like Shahed-129 to record the impact moment because it could expose the entire operation.
5) The operation took place just near the US forces in Hajin pocket.