Statement of Ayatullah Sistani in reaction to Iraq’s demonstration
ISWNews Analysis Group: In a statement, Ayatullah Sistani called on demonstrators to hold peaceful protests.
Sheikh Abdul Mahdi Karbalaei, Ayatullah Sistani’s representative:
– According to constitutional law, peaceful protest is right for all citizens and security forces should provide security for them.
– Protesters should not damage public or private assets as well.
– Attacking security forces and damaging public assets is not compatible with peaceful protests.
In an statement from Ayatullah Sistani, he said:
– Many reforms have been done including fighting corruption and public justice which is due to Iraqis agreement.
– We ask the protestors not to get mad from the situation and not to attack security forces or public properties.
– Do not let mercenaries to come between you.
– The published report of the investigation did not reflect all the truth for the public.
Protests and demonstrations are continuing in cities Baghdad, Najaf, Maysan, Muthannah, etc.