Latest Updates on Iraq, 5 November 2019
Protesters blocked some streets in capital last night; PM Adil Abdul-Mahdi announced new reforms.
– PM Adil Abdul-Mahdi announced new reforms.
– President Barham Salih meeting with heads of Kurdistan Iqlim three powers in presence of the parties to discuss the protests and amending the constitution.
– Kurdistan Iqlim defending Adil Abdul-Mahdi.
– Security meeting between Adil Abdul-Mahdi with Minister, head of High Justice Council, speaker of Parliament, Minister of Defense and military commanders including Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis.
– First session of Constitution Amending Committee.
– Internet in Baghdad is out.
– Protesters blocked some streets in capital last night.
– Basra governor ascertaining FIFA regarding the security of Iran-Iraq match.
– State of emergency ended in Baghdad.
– Nouri al-Maliki addressing protesters: Agree with the government with guarantee of a third party.
– Haider al-Abadi: I as a politician and nationalist am against any foreign interferences regardless of being by Iran, Saudi or US.
– Sound bomb exploded in Baghdad.