Latest Updates on Afghanistan, 18 December 2019
US gave Taliban 10 days deadline for the ceasefire to continue the talks. Some Taliban sources said that they don’t accept any ceasefire before the agreement.
1. Latest updates on presidential election:
– Abdullah Abdullah caravan was hit by unknown people in Kile Gi area of Baghlan province.
– Atta Muhammad Nur meeting with Ashraf Ghani in Kabul.
– Counting vote in provinces Panjshir, Jozjan and Sare Pol finished.
– Anayat Hafiz and Gen. Murad Ali Murad joined Ashraf Ghani campaign.
– Zalmay Khalilzad meeting with Ashraf Ghani again.
2. Latest updates on US-Taliban talks:
– Abdullah Abdullah demands start of Afghan-Afghan negotiation before USA-Taliban agreement.
– USA gave Taliban 10 days deadline for the ceasefire to continue the talks. Some Taliban sources said that they don’t accept any ceasefire before the agreement.
– People of Darzab uprising against Taliban. The reason is death of two and injury of two people due to an attack by Taliban five weeks ago.
– Due to mine explosion in Jozjan road, one person killed and five injured.
– Death of two Taliban members and three security forces in Anijl town.
– Due to airstrike to Pashtun Zarghun town, 15 Taliban members killed and four injured.
Due to mine explosion in Alishir road, 10 civilians including three children, two women and five men were killed. The above image pertains to this news.