Latest Updates on Yemen, 9 May 2020 (Map Update)
Latest news from the Yemen’s frontlines
1. Yemeni armed forces spokesperson:
– Fater 1 air defense systems repelled enemy warplanes over al Jawf province.
– Enemy forces launched more than 11 operations in fronts border, al Jawf, Marib, Baydha and Dhale.
– The coalition performed 110 air strikes.
– 76 aggressive operations and 810 air raids by enemy from 9 April so far.
2. Saudi coalition air strikes:
– Saudi coalition warplanes struck Majzar district 11 times and Sirwah district 4 times.
– Saudi coalition warplanes struck Qatabah district 8 times.
3. Al Hudaydah:
Saudi coalition forces violated ceasefire in the al-Hudaydah province 59 times in the last 24 hrs.
The Southern Transitional Council positioned its militants in Aden town and invited people to protests against Mansoor Hadi’s resigned government.
5. Muhammed Abdusalam, AnsarAllah’s chief negotiator:
Today afternoon I talked with vice minister of Iran’s foreign affairs about latest evolutions in the region and area and about negotiations with UN.
We listened to Iran’s foreign vice minister due to their endeavors for peace and supporting UN envoy and emphasized on our constant stances to end the assault and lift of siege of Yemen.