Latest Updates on Beirut Explosion

Saturday, 8 August 2020 - 19:04
https://english.iswnews.com/?p=14583

ISWNews Analysis Group: According to the latest information released by the Lebanese Ministry of Health, 158 people have been died and more than 6,000 injured in the explosion at the port of Beirut.

The Lebanese Ministry of Health also stated that the number of people who have not been found so far is 21 and that efforts are underway to search for these people among the rubble caused by the explosion.

Hassan Diab, Lebanese Prime Minister said in his latest comment on the Beirut explosion that corruption and mismanagement led to the disaster in the port of Beirut. Lebanon is facing a catastrophe beyond its capabilities, he said.
He also stated that in order to get out of the current problems, he will submit a bill for holding early parliamentary elections to the government.

The damage to Beirut is estimated around $ 15 billion, and given Lebanon’s turbulent political situation and weak economy, this amount of damage is beyond the country’s capabilities.

In addition to the Lebanese citizens died in the Beirut blast, citizens of other countries were also died in the incident. The Philippine Foreign Ministry says six Filipinos have been died and 31 injured in an explosion in Beirut.

Click to see the full size image


Port Beirut before and after explosion


YOUR SUPPORT IS CRITICAL TO KEEP ISWNews ALIVE!

I’d like to thank readers for their confidence and support. Thanks to your support we can continue to perform our duty on reporting the important events in the region. So If you like our contents, please don’t feel embarrassed to contribute and help our project, for as little as 1 Dollar. Your contribution, however small, will help ensure our project continuity. Thank you.



Share it: