Latest Updates on Syria, 27 August 2020 (Map Updates)
The headline of the latest news and the most important developments in Syria in the last 24 hours
– Iran, Turkey and Russia condemned SDF oil deal with US
Iran, Turkey and Russia issued a joint statement on the sidelines of the third meeting of the Syrian Committee in Geneva, emphasizing the preservation of Syria’s sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity, and protesting the SDF’s new oil contract with the United States, stating that this agreement is completely illegal.
– Syrian army artillery shelled militant positions in the areas of Al-Barah, Kansafra and Fatirah, south of Idlib.
– Militant artillery shelled Syrian army positions in the village of Jurin in northwestern Hama province.
– Demonstrations against the SDF in the Abu Hammam area east of the Euphrates
Dozens of residents of the Abu Hammam region demonstrated against the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), demanding the release of al-Sha’yat prisoners from SDF prisons.
– New military patrol by Russia in the Kani Karak area in the western countryside of Qamishli
– The arrival of a new military convoy of the Turkish army into Syrian territory through the Kafr Lusin border crossing
– Heavy activity of Russian Il-76 in Syria
Last night, seven Russian Illusion-76 cargo planes landed at Hamimim airbase in Latakia province. This amount of Russian cargo flights in Hamimim airbase is unprecedented.
– Continuous series of terrorist operations in southern Syria and Daraa province
In the past 24 hours, a convoy of former militants (Fifth Corps) was targeted by a roadside bomb in the city of Dael. Also, three former members of the militia who joined the Syrian army after the reconciliation were killed by unknown individuals. The 6-year-old child of one of these people was also killed.
YOUR SUPPORT IS CRITICAL TO KEEP ISWNews ALIVE!
I’d like to thank readers for their confidence and support. Thanks to your support we can continue to perform our duty on reporting the important events in the region. So If you like our contents, please don’t feel embarrassed to contribute and help our project, for as little as 1 Dollar. Your contribution, however small, will help ensure our project continuity. Thank you.