Latest updates on Iraq, 10 September 2020
The headline of the latest news and the most important developments in Iraq in the last 48 hours
– Security operation in west of Tuz Khurmatu by Hashad Sha’abi and security forces of Iraq.
– American terrorist soldiers number decreased from 5,200 to 3,000.
Karim Aliwi, Iraqi MP from Fath coalition: The claim of USA to pull out some of its forces from Iraq is only a propaganda. Fath coalition is skeptical about this reduction of number of American soldiers in Iraq.
– Iraqi airforce bombed ISIS cores in Kirkuk.
– Arresting two ISIS terrorists by counter terrorism service in Fallujah and one ISIS commander in Saladdin province.
Iraqi security forces already arrested several others in provinces Anbar and Suleimaniya.
– Roadside bomb blast en route American terrorists logistical caravan in Nabaei area, north of Baghdad.
– Roadside bomb blast attack to American terrorists logistical caravan in Diwaniyah-Babil road.
– Two Katyusha rockets hit American terrorists soldiers positions in Victory base.
– Abdulaziz al-Shimri, Saudi ambassador in Iraq, met with al-Shabli, Iraqi transportation minister, talked about bilateral relations and opening a maritime route and three aerial destinations between two countries.
– Iraqi parliament: security and defense commission hosts defense minister regarding the security situation and arm deals. The parliament also waits for al Kadhimi to come to the parliament and talks about the security topics.
– Iraqi defense minister: Iraqi chief of staff, was invited by Saudi counterpart to visit Saudi Arabia.
– A suicide bomber exploded in southwest of Kirkuk province injured two Iraqi federal police.
– Iraqi PM, al Kadhimi, meeting Kurdistan Iqlim.
Mustafa al Kadhimi landed in Erbil airport by a C-130J Super Hercules and was welcomed by Masrour Barzani. He met with Masoud Barzani, head of Kurdistan Democratic Party party in Erbil.
Al Kadhimi visited Ibrahim Khalil border gate in Dohuk province and refugees camp.
He is supposed to meet with Nechirvan Barzani, head of Iqlim today (the second day of visit!), and travels to Suleimaniyah province meeting with local officials and visit the border with Iran.
In the last three days a committee of local officials of Iqlim traveled to Baghdad to negotiate with Baghdad government and there are rumors they are close to agreement.