Latest Updates on Karabakh Clashes, 29 September 2020 (Map Update)
ISWNews Analysis Group: Clashes between the Azerbaijan and Armenia forces continue in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, and so far the lines of control have not changed.
– Clashes continue in the southern axis of Nagorno-Karabakh around Fuzuli between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces. The Armenian army claims to have regained all the lines lost yesterday, but Azeri field sources denied this.
– The Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan announced the destruction of 4 tanks of the Armenian forces on the Fuzuli front.
– Heavy clashes on the axis of Agdarreh (Martakert) and Madaghis-Talesh in the north of Karabakh region:
During the recent clashes between Azerbaijan and Armenia on the Martakert and Madagis-Talesh axis, the bodies of 30 Azeri forces have been transferred to the rear. 13 of the dead are members of the army and members of the border guards and the Azerbaijani army. Another 15 are residents of the Talesh area who generally lost their lives in infiltration operations. Recent operations are based on infiltration of Armenian lines, and commandos have a special role to play in these operations.
The exact number of casualties of Armenian forces on this front has not been published yet.
– A Sukhoi 25 fighter jet of the Armenian army was shot down by a Turkish F16 fighter jet. The Ministry of Defense of Armenia confirmed the incident and announced that the pilot of this fighter jet had been killed.
– According to the Ministry of Defense of Armenia, the damage to the Republic of Azerbaijan since September 27, 2020 has included the destruction of 82 vehicles, 1 aircraft, 4 helicopters, 49 UAVs and 80 armored vehicles.
– UAVs of the Republic of Azerbaijan targeted a bus in the town of Vardenis in Armenia. Armenia has emphasized will retaliate with an appropriate response.
– Azerbaijani artillery heavily bombarded the positions of the Armenian forces in Martuni (Khojavand).
– Armenian air defense systems shot down an Israeli Hermes 900 UAV belonging to the Azerbaijani army near Khojaly.
– The Armenian army claimed to have shot down an Azerbaijani Antonov An-2 light military aircraft.
– An unidentified drone crashed in the skies of Malekan city in East Azarbaijan province of Iran. Some news sources claim that the drone belongs to the Army of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
– The Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran has sent heavy military equipment to the border areas of northwestern Iran. This measure has been taken to prevent possible attacks by neighboring countries and to ensure the security of Iran’s northern borders.
– According to the Azerbaijani “AzTV”, the Pakistani ambassador met with the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev while supporting the Azerbaijan military operation in the Karabakh and stated that he would do his best for the victory of Azerbaijan. Elham Aliyev also praised the deployment of troops from Pakistan and Turkey, calling them friendly and brotherly countries.
Large numbers of Pakistani troops are said to be waiting to enter the battlefield behind the battle lines. Although Azeri sources exaggerate their number to 40,000, the presence of 5,000 people who entered the country from Lankaran and Baku airports has been confirmed.