Latest Updates on Karabakh Clashes, 15 October 2020 (Map Update)
ISWNews Analysis Group: Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev in a new tweet, announced more advances by Azerbaijani forces deep into Karabakh region.
– Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev tweeted about the new advances of the Azerbaijani forces between the borders of Khojavend and Fuzuli districts. According to Aliyev, the villages of Arish, Doshulu, Edisheh, Dodukchi, Edili and Cheraghuz came under the control of Azerbaijani forces.
An interesting tactic regarding these announcements is that Aliyev re-announces the names of the villages that are in the depths of their own forces or in the past alleged advances, behind the front line villages and should have been taken by now, among the new names. For example, the village of Doshulu was announced in the progress on October 9, six days ago, but was announced again in today’s progress. (Blue arrows on the map: directions of progress)
– The Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) has released the names of 49 other Armenian soldiers who lost their lives in the Nagorno-Karabakh war. According to this information, the official death toll of the Armenian forces reached 604 people.
– Armenian artillery targeted Terter. Azerbaijani artillery targeted the areas of Aqdam and Martakert.
– The Armenian military claims that Azerbaijan lost 350 troops, 20 armoured vehicles, a plane and 3 UAVs in recent clashes.
– According to the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense, last night the Azerbaijani Armed Forces destroyed two T-72 tanks, four BM-21 rocket launchers, a number of UAVs and personnel carriers, a Tor-M2KM air defense system, a D-20, D30, D1 howitzers belonging to Armenian forces.
– One house was destroyed and one person was injured when several mortar shells hit the villages of Kadkhodalo and Qoli Begloo in Khodaafarin region, north of Iran.