Latest Updates on Karabakh Clashes, 27 October 2020 (Map Update)
– Sardar Salami, Commander-in-Chief of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, visited Khodaafarin border areas.
– Clashes between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces continue near the center of Qobadli district(rayon).
– Clashes between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces continue near the center of Fuzuli district(rayon).
– Clashes between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces continue in the eastern fronts of Martuni(Khojavend) village.
– Armenia repulsed the attack of Azerbaijani forces on the Lachin front.
– Today, the spokesman of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, Ilham Aliyev, did not speak about new advances; It seems that the battles have become more complicated with the approach of the Azerbaijani forces from the Qobadli axis to the Lachin region.
– Adel al-Shaher, the senior commander of the Syrian terrorist group Hamza Division, was killed in Karabakh. He is said to have been killed by Armenian artillery fire south of Nagorno-Karabakh near the Iranian border.
– Azerbaijani artillery targeted the villages of Martuni (Khojavend) and Martakert.
– Armenian artillery targeted the village of Tartar and the Aqband region.
– Arayik Harutyunyan, President of the so-called Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh(Artsakh), announced the appointment of Mikael Arzumanyan as the new Commander of the Army.
– According to the Deputy Chief of the National Security Service of Armenia, more than 10 new checkpoints have been set up on the highways of Ararat Gegharkunik, Vayots Dzor and Syunik regions of Armenia in order to identify and prevent foreign spies and sabotage groups from entering Armenia.
– Iranian Foreign Minister, Zarif: Iran has drawn up a plan with the approval of the country’s top officials for a permanent solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, which will be presented today and tomorrow, and then we will follow it up in Moscow and Yerevan.