Latest Updates on Iraq, 1 November 2020
ISWNews Analysis Group: NATO secretary said in press conference that the number of NATO forces will increase in Iraq.
– State of Law Coalition led by Nouri al-Maliki and Sheikh Qais Khazali, secretary of Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq, warning on the purpose of Saudi Arabia investment in Iraq, which is to exploiting Iraq and demanded stopping it in provinces Anbar, Najaf, Karbala and Muthanna.
– Unsuccessful assassination of an employee of Hashad Shabi intelligence division in Meqdadiyah area, Diyala province.
– Demanding French products embargo by Fath Coalition, led by Hadi al-Ameri, from Iraqis after Macron insulting holy Prophet.
– Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, vice president of Saddam Hussain, died. Media close to Baath party released the news while no details of the cause of death. Izzat al-Douri was on demand by USA for 10 million dollars reward for his whereabouts or head. He formed a coalition of 22 terrorist groups active in Iraq in 2007 mainly from Baathi, Takfiri, Wahhabi and extreme Sunnis, to operate against Iraq government.
– Increasing NATO forces in Iraq
Following the session of DMs of NATO countries, NATO secretary confirmed that the number of NATO forces will increase in Iraq. There is no specific number for it yet but it will be a lot more than what it is now.
– A new Sunni coalition was formed from some Sunni politicians and PMs, among which there are names such as Asmaj Najifi, Khamis Khanjar, Abu Mazin and Rashid Azawi.
Some sources claimed that the purpose of this coalition is to remove Mohamed al-Halbousi from head of parliament.
– US Treasury puts Iraj Masjedi, Iran ambassador in Iraq, in the sanction list.
Iraj Masjedi: I’m happy to hear the news.
– Some news regarding pressure on Iraq to normalize relations with Zionist Regime.
Fuad Hussein, Iraqi FM: No offer to normalize relations with Israel.
– US consulate in Erbil, capital of Iqlim Kurdistan after visiting Lalesh temple of Yazidis, donated 500 thousand dollars to the temple.
– An official of Iqlim Kurdistan: Peshmarga forces with 2,500 troops are ready to go back to Sanjar.
One of the agreements between Iraq government and Iqlim Kurdistan on Sanjar is to form a joint force of refugees and local inhabitants in Sanjar.
– Tahrir square of Baghdad and square of Basrah reopening after one year of protests started in Iraq.
According to the news, the reopening was coordinated with protestors and it is supposed to happen in other provinces as well.
– Five members of a family martyred in Meqdadiyah area, Diyala province.
Qasim al-Araji, Iraq security counselor, as delegate of Mustafa Al Kadhimi and Hadi al-Ameri, head of Fath Coalition, traveled to Diyala province to meet with the families and security officials of the province, independently. Hashad Shabi forces launched an operation to cleanse Diyala province since October 30.
– In the last few days in Farhatiyah area of Saladdin province, 12 people were abducted, from whom 8 bodies are found. Some sources said they were security forces.
– Local sources reported of some areas of Sidakan district, Iqlim Kurdistan, were shelled by Iran.
– German parliament voted to extend the presence of German soldiers in Iraq.