Latest Updates on Yemen, 22 March 2021
Latest news from the Yemeni fronts
– Clashes between Ansar Allah and the Saudi-led forces continued in east of Sarwah and Madghal districts.
– Clashes between Ansar Allah and the Saudi-led forces continued in west and north of the province. Some pro-Ansarallah sources claimed to recapture fallen areas in west of Taiz except Kadhah by Ansar Allah.
– Ansar Allah forces reportedly repelled attacks of the Saudi-led forces in al-Ahkum front.
3- Saudi coalition air raids in the last 48 hours:
– 13 times Sanaa province
– Sarwah district 13 times, Madghal and Majzar districts 4 times and Rahba district 2 times, Marib province
– Salif harbor 3 times, Al Hudaydah province
– Khab and Shaaf district 3 times, Al Jawf province
– Khamr district 2 times, Amran province
– Bani Hasan area once, Hajjah province
4- Al Hudaydah:
Saudi coalition forces violated ceasefire in the province 117 times in the last 24 hours.
– The artillery of Saudi-led forces shelled border areas in Razih district.
– Ansar Allah attacked positions of the Saudi-led forces in east of Majazah.
6- Zakariyah al-Shami, transportation minister of rescue administration, passed away after struggling with a terminal disease.
7- The Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia announced the presentation of a plan to end the crisis in Yemen, including: a ceasefire under the auspices of the United Nations, the reopening of Sanaa Airport and providing a certain number of direct flights from the region and internationally to this airport and lifting some restrictions from Al-Hudaydah port.
Mohammad Abdulsalam, Ansar Allah’s spokesman and head of negotiations, also responded to the plan:
“The Saudi initiative to end the war is nothing new. Saudi Arabia is part of the war and must end the air and sea blockade of Yemen immediately. Any initiative that exposes Yemen to aggression and siege is not serious and has nothing new. We will continue to negotiate with Saudi Arabia, Oman and the United States to reach a peace agreement.”