Latest Updates on Syria, 17 August 2021 (Map Update)
ISWNews Analysis Group: an Israeli Skylark drone, which was conducting reconnaissance operations over Syria, crashed in Quneitra province.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed forces shelled Tal Rafaat and Shahba areas.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed forces shelled around the village of Sharava on the outskirts of Afrin.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed forces shelled the village of Maranaz.
– Joint patrol of Russian military police and Turkish army in the Ain al-Arab region.
– Turkish-backed forces arrested two civilians in Afrin and transferred them to an unknown location.
– Artillery of Turkish-backed forces north of Tal Tamar.
– Turkish-backed forces targeted the village of Al-Dardara and near a Russian military point on the outskirts of Tal Tamar.
– The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) arrested three people in Al-Hawl camp.
On August 16, an Israeli Skylark drone, which was conducting reconnaissance operations over Syria, crashed in Quneitra province.
– Sporadic clashes and artillery fire were reported between the Syrian army and militants in Daraa al-Balad.
– Syrian Army artillery shelled militants in the city of Tafas.
One of the Syrian National Defense Forces killed due to a mine explosion in the southwest of Raqqah.
6- During the last 10 days, two Russian Orlan-10 UAVs crashed in the southern part of Idlib and north of Hasakah, due to a technical failure. The ISIS group also claimed in a video that it had shot down an Orlan-10 drone east of Homs.
7- On August 16, Russia reported that Idlib militants violated the ceasefire regime in Greater Idlib 23 times: 11 – in Idlib province, 5 – in Latakia province, 4 – in Hama province, 3 – in Aleppo province.