Latest Updates on Syria, 23 August 2021 (Map Update)
ISWNews Analysis Group: According to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 24 times in the Idlib region, of which 3 are in Aleppo province, 8 in Latakia, 4 in Hama and 9 in Idlib.
– A bomb blast in the city of Afrin killed and wounded several civilians. The city is under the control of Turkish-backed militants.
– According to a statement issued by the Afrin Liberation Forces, between August 14 and 19, seven Turkish-backed militants were killed by the group in the northwestern Aleppo on the Mare, Kaljabrin and Azaz areas.
– A car bomb exploded in the northern city of Azaz, injuring seven civilians.
– Turkish-backed artillery shelled the village of Sharava on the outskirts of Afrin.
– Turkish-backed militants targeted one of the SDF positions with anti-tank missiles on the west of al-Bab.
– Russian fighter jets attacked militant positions on the outskirts of the village of Kansafra, south of Idlib.
– Russian fighter jets attacked the Balyun area south of Idlib.
– Russian fighter jets targeted an area between the village of Kansafra and the town of al-Bara.
– A civilian was killed by a landmine explosion on the outskirts of al-Bara town.
– Turkish-backed artillery attacked on the Zerkan area north of Hasakah.
– Turkish drones targeted a YPG vehicle on the Qamishli-Amuda road in northeastern Syria, killing two YPG members.
4- Deir Ezzor:
On August 21, a US F-15 warplane shot down an unidentified drone near the US military base in the Omar oil field in Syria’s Deir Ezzor province.
5- According to the Russian Reconciliation Center in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire 24 times in the Idlib region, of which 3 were in Aleppo province, 8 in Latakia province, 4 in Hama and 9 in Hama province.