Latest Updates on Syria, 21 October 2021
– A YPG field commander was killed in a Turkish drone strike in the city of Ain al-Arab.
– Turkish-backed artillery attacked Kurdish militant positions in the city of Tal Rafat.
– In recent days, as tensions escalate between the YPG and Turkish-backed militants in northern Aleppo, the Syrian army has sent several military convoys consisting of several tanks and personnel carriers to the northern suburbs of Aleppo.
– A convoy of the Turkish army carrying cement blocks and logistics equipment entered the Syrian province of Idlib through the Kafr Lusin crossing.
– At least 10 civilians were killed and 40 others were injured in artillery attacks by the Syrian army on a market in the city of Ariha.
At 6:45 a.m. Wednesday, two explosions occurred on a bus carrying Syrian army troops near the Presidential Bridge in central Damascus, killing 14 people and wounding several others. The Saraya Qasion group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
4- Deir Ezzor:
Two members of the Al-Quds Brigade were killed in clashes with ISIS operatives in western Deir Ezzor.
– Azm Joint Operations Room announced the arrest of four ISIS operatives in the city of Tel Abyad.
– Explosion in the path of the car of YPG members in the town of Ain Issa.
– Russian fighter jets attacked ISIS hideouts in western Raqqa.
US coalition carried out a military patrol on the outskirts of Malikiyah, northeast of Hasakah.
Following the reconciliation plan in Daraa province, the Syrian army was deployed in the areas of Soura, Alma, Harak, Maliha al-Sharqiya, Maliha al-Gharbiya and Nahta in this province.
Five SAA servicemen were killed in an ammo depot explosion near the city of Hama. The explosion occurred due to a technical error during routine warehouse maintenance activities.
9- “Azm” Joint Operations Room announced the joining of six new armed groups called “Al-Faylaq Al-Thales” (Third Corps) to this organization.
10- On October 20, the positions of the US military and its militants were attacked in the Al-Tanf area with several missiles and drones.
11- According to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, the militants violated the ceasefire eight times in the Idlib region, of which 3 are in Aleppo province, 2 are in Latakia province and 3 are in Idlib province.