Latest Updates on Syria, 19 December 2021 (Map Update)
ISWNews Analysis Group: Syrian Army forces prevented the passage of a US military convoy at a checkpoint in the village of Tala al-Dhahab on the southern outskirts of Qamishli and forced the American occupiers to retreat.
– On December 17, artillery of Turkish-backed militants shelled village of Bughaz on the eastern outskirts of the city of al-Bab.
– On December 18, Turkish Army spy drones were spotted flying over the Shahba area.
On December 18, Syrian Army artillery shelled positions of Turkish-backed militants on the outskirts of the town of al-Barah.
On December 16, a former rebel was assassinated by unknown gunmen in Uthman town, north of the city of Daraa.
4- Deir Ezzor:
– On December 17, two SDF members were wounded in an attack by ISIS on the SDF position between the Tayanah-Dhiban road. ISIS has officially claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement.
– On December 19, a series of ant SDF demonstrations took place in the town of Abu Hamam in the Shaitat area
– On December 17, artillery of Turkish-backed militants shelled the suburbs of Tal Tamar in Hasakah province.
– On December 16, Syrian Army forces prevented the passage of a US military convoy consisting of five vehicles at a checkpoint in the village of Tala al-Dhahab on the southern outskirts of Qamishli and forced the American occupiers to retreat.
– On December 18, an Iraqi refugee was killed by unknown individuals in the first part of al-Hawl camp.
– On December 16, the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) announced the death of three of its members in a clash with Turkish-backed militants on the outskirts of the city of Tal Tamar.
– On December 16, Russian fighter jets targeted ISIS hideouts in the Rasafa area, southwest of Raqqa.
– On December 15, artillery of Turkish-backed militants shelled M4 highway and the outskirts of Ain Issa town.
– On December 18, two SAA members were killed as a result of an attack by unknown gunmen on a Syrian Army vehicle in southwestern Raqqa.
7- On December 16, the Zionist regime’s airstrikes in parts of southern Syria resulted death of an army soldier and material damage.
8- On December 18, the White House announced “We will continue our military presence in Syria because ISIS is still present in Syria.”
9- On December 16, Western sources reported that a British Air Force fighter jet had shot down an unidentified drone using an air-to-air missile on the outskirts of Al-Tanf base.
10- On December 17, the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria announced: The militants violated the ceasefire 8 times in the Idlib region, of which 2 cases are related to Aleppo province, 2 cases are related to Hama province, and 2 cases are related to the province. Latakia and 2 cases related to Idlib province.