Latest Updates On Syria; 22 June 2023
Three members of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) were killed as a result of a roadside bomb explosion targeting their vehicle in Al-Karamah town in Raqqa Governorate
– On June 17, the Turkish army and its affiliated armed groups targeted the city of Tell Rifaat and its surrounding areas in northern Aleppo Governorate, Syria, in a missile attack. During the attack, the Tell Rifaat Hospital was also hit and four civilians were injured, including a member of the medical personnel.
– On June 20, the positions of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in the outskirts of Tell Rifaat were targeted by the missile attacks of the militants backed by Turkiye.
– On June 16, one of the militants was killed as a result of missile attacks by the Syrian army on Al-Bara town located in the south of Idlib Governorate.
– On June 22, the positions of the militants in Al-Fatirah area, located in the south of Idlib Governorate, were targeted by the missile attacks of the Syrian army.
– On June 17, a former member of the militant groups was assassinated by unidentified armed individuals in the south of Daraa city in Daraa Governorate.
4- Deir ez-Zor:
– On June 18, the helicopters of the US-led coalition flew over Al-Shuhayl district in Deir ez-Zor Governorate.
On June 19, three members of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) were killed as a result of a roadside bomb explosion targeting their vehicle in Al-Karamah town in Raqqa Governorate. So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the raid.
– On June 19, the armed groups supported by Turkey targeted the positions of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in the outskirts of Tel Tamr town with missile attacks.
– On June 20, the drones belonging to the Turkish army targeted a vehicle of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) near Tell Shair village in Al-Qahtaniyah town in Al Hasakah Governorate, killing three SDF members, including a field commander, and injuring another.
7- On June 20 and 21, the 20th round of the International Meeting on Syria in the Astana format was held in Kazakhstan’s capital city Nur-Sultan, and at the end of the meeting the representatives of Iran, Russia, Turkiye, and Syria issued a joint statement.
8- On June 21, Israeli soldiers clashed with the Syrian residents of the occupied Golan Heights for the second consecutive day, who were crying out their objections to the occupation of agricultural lands under the pretext of building wind turbines.
9- On June 14, deputy Head of the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria Rear Admiral Oleg Zhuravlov mentioned the recent Israeli air strike on the outskirts of the Syrian capital Damascus and stated that two arms depots were damaged as a result of the attack.
10- On June 13, the United States’ terrorist command in West Asia (CENTCOM) announced in a statement that 22 American soldiers were injured in a military helicopter crash in the northeast of Syria.