Latest Updates on Afghanistan, 28 October 2019
Latest updates on presidential election and Taliban’s attack on northern towns.
Taliban’s suicide attack on a military convoy of security forces in Jalal Abad town resulted in martyrdom of 5 and 17 injured.
2. Latest updates on presidential election:
– The results announcement postponed to 14 November.
– The total number of the votes 1 million and 932 thousand, announced.
– Abdullah Abdullah: In 2014 election we had casualties for the sake of Afghanistan but this won’t happen again.
– Gen Dostam meeting with Erdogan. Dostam supported Turkey’s operation and Erdogan announced to open consulates in Herat and Qandhar.
– Tursan to election commission: Don’t waste people’s time anymore, announce the result so everyone sees the winner is Torsan and their president!
Taliban attack on foreign forces convoy, a soldier killed.
Taliban members collect tax and Zakat in Sholgara town nightly (half the city is under control of Afghanistan.)
Taliban’s attack was repelled by security forces in Chahar Dara and Dashte Archi areas.
Afghan and Pakistani border guards engagements in Nari district; 3 civilians killed and 4 including a child were injured.